This weekend I was craving a warm, sweet, classic breakfast—and tell me, what’s better than pancakes? The catch was that I didn’t want the heavy & sluggish feeling eating regular pancakes would bring me, but instead to feel super-fueled & satisfied without being weighed down. IT CAN BE DONE. If you ask me, these are soooooOOooOOOOoooo heavenly.
There are lots of recipes for 2-ingredient banana & egg pancakes, but this version kicks it up a notch to add a boost of extra protein & creaminess with only 2 extra ingredients:
banana (1 ripe)
sunflower seed butter* (1 TBSP; *or any other nut butter of your choice)
protein powder (1 scoop; I used a vanilla flavored one slightly sweetened with monk fruit)
- Mash banana in a small bowl until slightly chunky.
- Combine eggs, sunflower seed butter & protein powder in with the banana.
- Coat a frying pan with grass-fed butter or coconut oil on medium heat.
- Spoon around six servings of pancake batter onto the pan. Cook both sides until golden brown.
- warm sugar-free jam (my recipe found here!)
- dollop of sunflower seed butter
- melted coconut butter (sweeten with stevia or honey if desired)
- grass-fed butter
- grade-A pure maple syrup
- raw organic honey
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- flax seeds
Please enjoy these mouth-watering pancakes (I may or may not have a puddle of drool on my keyboard as I write this) and have a pretty miraculous morning when you do!